Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Redirection in the face of...

Do you ever find yourself wanting to change things? As a result of so much change in my life, I find it time to go a different way at church. Pastor and I have been talking, I have been praying, and because so much work time is down time (sorry taxpayers) I have decided to try my hand at writing curriculum. Now I dont expect Nazarene Publishing to see it, and decide to actually update their material into something reasonably 2009ish, but I know what I see does not seem to be releavant to our kids today. We have been using "Good Book" by David Plotz as our research in Sunday School, and I personally like how it is going. It is a book about the Old Testament from a Jewish man's view. And so far, so good. And why not use resources other than dated material (like Matthew Henry or Vine's). So, tonight at the board meeting ( I love these times) I will see what the church board thinks. Hopefully, they wont even notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment