Friday, September 4, 2009

September 11, 2001

What I remember...
Gary Condit and the missing intern, shark attacks, and would Michael Jordan return to basketball. that was it on the morning news.
Then things changed.
By the end of the day I was happy to have family and friends and everyone safe.
I grieved for the lost.
I watched a special on CBS, with people falling out the towers.
I grieved for the world.
I slowly watched us forget about compassion, again.
But I still remember, every year. When I see stupid advertisments that seem to believe that it is okay to use 9-11 to sell their product.
It will never be okay.
Would we joke about Pearl Harbor?
Or Omaha Beach? Or Gettysburg?
Or anyplace where blood was spilled?
I miss the towers.
I still see them in movies and it makes me sad.
I dont think I will every understand the point that the hijackers were trying to make.
I never understand how death can prove a point.
Simple words would have been just as effective.
I would hope we have learned something.
I doubt it.
To those who lost someone that day...
I am sad for you.
For us.
For this world.
I wish that some lesson could be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment